mission & vision statement
ACMAD is a public agency serving the people of Alameda County,with responsibilities for:
- Controlling mosquitoes to enhance public health and comfort.
- Acting as an information resource on mosquito biology, control, and prevention.
- Insect identification and associated disease transmission.
- And operating in a safe, ecologically-sound and publicly accessible manner.
In an era of constant change and increasing complexities, we the employees of ACMAD are dedicated to fulfilling these responsibilities by:
- Working together in an atmosphere of collaboration, trust, and mutual respect.
- Developing technical and organizational skills to increase both personal as well as District effectiveness.